Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting back from fishing for Bass earlier, I decided to make another run out but this time for common carp. The fishing was slower the sun was bright.. And the fish were there and biting, But i was only able to manage Two. i was Fishing A drop off With weeds all along it I was fishing maybe 5-6 inches from the weeds and catching carp. The bites were pretty light surprisenly given the circumstances. It was fun to get back out for these fiesty fighters once again.

Temp: 75

Wind: se 8 mph

sky: sunny

water: murky

water temp: 71-75

water visibility: 8"

rod: Daiwaii Fire wolf 10'6 Lite

reel: pFlueger trion

line: 8lb trilene XT

Hook: Size 4 Bronze bait holder

Bait: Whole Kernal Sweet corn

George
Perch Guy
Chicago Illinois
Multi-species fisherman

<8><

:aaapartyc:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice George. I'm impressed by your ability to target fish like that. Do you use a hair rig for common carp (if you don't mind me asking) when using corn? I've never caught carp before and would like to start learning it on the river or NSC sometime.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm very serious about Targeting Multi-Species Fish And knowing and being able to catch a lot when i'm out. This outing for carp wasn't even close to my average (4-5carp day) but Good day none the less. I have and know how to use hair Rigs but don't use them unless the bite is really Finicky. Mainly I use a Slip-Sinker Rig That Consist of an Egg, Or river Sinker a bareel swivel and a leader with your preffered hook size ( 4-6 In the Summer, 6-8 in the Winter) You could get away with a Size 6 hok in both. The sinker will slide freely leaving no resistence to the fish so you'll be able to feel even the slightest bite with the right line tackle etc. When the Carp are feeding heavily htey'll suck in your bait and spit it out repeadely without you even knowing it.. then all of a sudden your Pole Bends and The carp hooks himself, This is because 99 % of the time when a Fish Bites they turn after the bite which means using a hook with the point slightly bent to the right or left from the place in which you tie your line to. This increases your hooking persentage at least by 50 %, I use this with all species of fish i target. GEtting very popular among Anglers in the Chciago angler as well as the united States is Self is Pole and FLoat Fishing For carp, This is a very fun and Challanging (although Expensive) Concept.. It is Called Eourpean style fishing. I'll Go through that Later.

I think I covered My Presentation.

now With carp fishing it is mainly Location, If you Find a spot with a Water fall or discharge naturally there wil be carp holding in the area but on a regular flowing river you'll have to bait an area a few days With Corn and then carp will continually come to feed here and eventually the trophies will start to pussh the little ones off the feeding beds leaving you to catch 15 + pounders daily.

Any other Questions feel free to ask I'm Glad to Answer any Questions

George
Perch Guy
[email protected]
Chciago Illinois

<8><

8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts