Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

PG Report: 7/30/06 ...... Untitled (MUST READ !)

Today I really Needed Tackle So 9:30a.m. Rode my Bike To Dicks Sporting Goods within in 1 hr and 30 minutes I was there and back. At 3:30p.m I Decided to hit the River for Some Large Mouth bass I fished 20 minutes and Caught one Large Mouth Fishing a White Spinner Bait Then decided to go for carp Since They Seemed to be Feeding Pretty Heavily I figured I chum Now Then When I came Back with My Carp Rod I'd be able to pound them. So After 30 Minutes I came back and started Fishing for Carp with My Special Preparation (Healthy) Dough Bait. This Dough Bait I've Worked on for About 4 or 5 outings now and finally Got it Right, In the Last Carp Report I Previously Told you I seen Good Things to build on. Well here are those Results. I've Already got my Winter Special Preparation Carp bait And Now I think I've Found a Break Through Summer Bait! I'll still have to make a few adjustments to it to get it to my desired Quality. When I started Fishing for carp The Carp nailed it! I was using a Size 6 Bronze Bait Holder hook but Wasn't getting any hook sets so I switched to a size 6 Treble hook And Repeatedly Caught carp after carp. Out of the 14 Carp I caught today only One was hooked in the lip tough enough to make him bleed. The Fishing was good And I was Actually Tired from Fighting Fish around the 11th one But I kept it up because with the abundance of fisherman fishing our waters lately a day like this wont come every day!

*Conditions*

Temperature: 89

Sky: Partly Cloudy

Wind Range: Light (0-10mph)

Wind Direction: South

Weather Trends: Cooling

Barometer: Rising

Water temp: 71- 75

Water Color: Muddy Brown

Water Visibility: 1 Feet

Current Conditions: Moderate

Bottom Conditions: Grass

* Out Come*

Caught: 15

Lost: 1

Released: 15

Fish health: Healthy

*Equipment/Supplies*

Bait/Lure Presentation: Slow

Rod Used: Dawia Fire Wolf 10'6 Light

Reel used: pFlueger Trion 7 Ball Bearings

Line used: 10 Lb Trilene XT (CLEAR)

Lure/Hook: Size 6 Treble

Bait used: Special Preparation Dough Bait

*Season Tally*

Season Skunks: 1

Season Fish: 529

Season Outings: 34

Avg. Fish per Outing: 15.5

George
[email protected]
N.W. Chicago Illinois
Avid Multi-Species Fisherman

<8><

:D

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Holy Carp ! Nice job !

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great job, George! It's hard to tell how big those carp are without something else in the photos to reference their size, but I'm sure some of them were very big. Looks like you've really got your carp bait working well :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually came in bout a couple hours behind him at the same spot. Great technique. Saw him actuall bring some big ones up. I was using wheat bread dipped in vanilla and managed to land two but nowhere the size he was bringing in.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was great to meet you thorsonth and ben.. Seemed to be really great guys seeya on the water soon !

George

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts