Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PG Report: 8/7/06 .... Multi-<8><

Well Yesterday I did not have an outing planned. My plan was to actually sit tight and relax today as I've usually been going fishing two straight days then taking it easy and repeating but After reading a couple reports I decided I wanted some perch. And out of the blue I get a call From Neil Last night asking if I wanted to head down for some perch. I said Sure Why not. We got to the lake and for some odd reason I really had a Small mouth Itch that needs some scratching I need to get some soon. But I decided to stick with the perch this time. Neil and I caught fish on Small Fat head minnows, Crank baits and Soft Plastics The fishing was pretty good and the weather was fantastic we Fished from 10am - 12:30p.m. and Both Landed 11 Jumbos Biggest being my 13 Inches and Smallest between us about 11 Inches because he had swallowed the hook. After I got home I cleaned the Fish with the help of my Beautiful girlfriend Sara and my Puppy Sophie. I Gutted all 22 Fish in about 25 minutes and placed them safely away. I'll be giving Neil his as well as my catch for today tomorrow morning.. I'm sure he wont complain.

~Conditions~

Temperature: 83

Sky: Mostly Cloudy

Wind Range: Light (0-10mph)

Wind Direction: North east

Weather Trends: Stable

Barometer: Rising

Water temp: -----

Water Color: Clear Blue

Water Visibility: 8 Feet

Current Conditions: Slow

Bottom Conditions: Rock/Weed

* Georges Out Come*

Caught: 43

Lost: 0

Released: 32

*Neil's outcome*

Caught: 42

Lost: 0

Released: 31

Fish Health: Healthy

*Equipment/Supplies*

Bait/Lure Presentation: Moderate

Rod Used: Berkley Lightning series 6'0 Med/lite

Reel used: Rapala Size 20

Line used: 8 lb Trilene XT

Lure/Hook: Soft Plastic/Cranks

Bait used: Small Fat heads

*Season Tally*

Season Skunks: 1

Season Fish: 622

Season Outings: 40

Avg. Fish per Outing: 15.5

George

N.W. Chicago Illinois

[email protected]

Avid Multi-Species Fisherman

<8><

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Hey man, nice job! Where were you fishing? Montrose? And did you stop by the bait shop? I'm curious how expensive the soft-shells are.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I heard that the bait shop down there is out of softshells due to a power outage last week. It looks like George did well with minnows.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea The bait SHop were out of soft shells

The majority of my jumbos came on Small fat heads....

Yes Jack Russel Mixed with somehting looks like collie to me also

George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts