Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at North Point on saturday fishing with my son and we watched this guy pull this big Northern out of the ice. It was pretty cool indeed for me as well as my little boy. He will remember it for a long while. You should have seen his eyes when that fish came out of the hole. Here is the story in yesterday's Suntimes with a cool photograph.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bowman/2009/0 ... f_the.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rootpro6 said:
I guess it was a bangs lake record unfortunately. :x
Can you stop please. This is the "Lake Michigan" forum and I made this post because I saw the guy catch the fish and I thought it was pretty cool. I also thought it was cool when I got home from work and seen it in the paper. This post is about North Point and the guy I met who caught the fish was named Don. The suntimes article is easy to follow and I don't understand why some are having a problem. :roll:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nsselle said:
Thanks for sharing ice crazy...nice pikes.
WrenchingnFishing said:
those are some nice pike! 8)
Thanks guys. I have been lurking for a year and thought I would share a little info. This is my first thread and I didn't like the way it was going. Thanks also to Legend025 for adding additional info to help clear things up. :)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
No Problem Ice Crazy... I might hit North Point Marina sometime soon before ice-out for when those big girls come in to spawn... They gotta stack up on some meals before they spawn! :wink: You do any pike fishing out there much?

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Ice Crazy said:
nsselle said:
Thanks for sharing ice crazy...nice pikes.
WrenchingnFishing said:
those are some nice pike! 8)
Thanks guys. I have been lurking for a year and thought I would share a little info. This is my first thread and I didn't like the way it was going. Thanks also to Legend025 for adding additional info to help clear things up. :)
Thanks for posting Ice Crazy. Giving me the urge to try NP (pike and nice ice perchies)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WrenchingnFishing said:
:wink: You do any pike fishing out there much?
Heck, are you kidding? I would have never beleived there were Northern to be caught there and was very surprised when a Pike popped out, (I thought it was probably a Brown). :shock: If it weren't for the background in the photo, alot of other guys wouldn't believe it either, (but you can clearly see it's North Point in the photo). http://blogs.suntimes.com/bowman/2009/0 ... f_the.html

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeh its no secret those big girls roll in there same time every year. Not easy fishing but if you hook up your in for a ride. Next time your there just set up a tip up...cant hurt. Ill be heading there possible next weekend.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nsselle said:
Yeh its no secret those big girls roll in there same time every year. Not easy fishing but if you hook up your in for a ride. Next time your there just set up a tip up...cant hurt. Ill be heading there possible next weekend.
I am definitely bringing tip-ups this weekend. What should I buy for bait? Don had a 7" dead Smelt and it looked way too big?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.