Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd hardly call this a fishing report because I wanted to check out the beautiful Rock Cut State Park, do some hiking and photography, etc.

Nice place! Had the fishing gear in the car so I fished for about a half hour. Bright sun; temps in the 90's; humid; fished from 4:00pm-4:30pm. Worked to the right of the dam on a steep drop-off. Seemed like a great place to throw some deep-diving crankbaits, spinners, etc. Well... nada!

Was glad to finally see this place. More bucketheads than I expected but it was a Saturday and lots of people out to just have a nice time with the family.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a very nice lake that is well stocked with largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and musky! I'll be doing a new podcast soon and i'll detail all the stocking information.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Shore fished there a couple times, just panfish for me. Last fall a guy about 15' down from me pulled in a nice 18" LM floating a crawler under a bobber. We were just down off the docks/ramps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.