Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here fish the pike spawn during the spring? I've heard that some of the biggest pike of the year come in at this time of year using deadbait. I'd really love to hook into a nice chunky gator one of these days.

·
Registered
563 Posts
i never heard of someone using pike spawn as bait. i thought salmon are the only things you can catch on spawn because they eat their spawn to hinder other slamons' reprodutcion so that their young can do better.

Though i heard of a guy that caught a 40+ incher through the ice on brown trout spawn.

Just goes to show even more that pike will eat anything.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BassMasterErik said:
i never heard of someone using pike spawn as bait. i thought salmon are the only things you can catch on spawn because they eat their spawn to hinder other slamons' reprodutcion so that their young can do better.

Though i heard of a guy that caught a 40+ incher through the ice on brown trout spawn.

Just goes to show even more that pike will eat anything.
I think that you misunderstood the title. What I meant to ask was whether anyone fishes for pike during the time period when the pike spawn.

I can see how the title of the post can be misleading. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.