Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I Like the red eyes... When I was a kid about 7 years old when I use to go to MN with the family for a fishing trip every year. We use to troll and cast with them and kill the pike with back to back strikes! As well as the old Dare-Devils.. You brought back some good memories by showing me the pics of some of those spoons. Thats pretty cool. Do you still use them much?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I donit use spoons much,plus most of these spoons are vintage tackle a lot of them worth 30-40 dollars,and all vintage tackle has a grading system,which means a small scratch,down goes the value I have some cool fly rod flies and various bugs that are 60-80-years old kept in air tight containers As time goes by i will post pics of some really neat stuff. One of these days i want to get you up to my house,to see this stuff I can show you what the 1920-1930-1940etc. fisherman used ,from his rod reel lures line,i really enjoy the history of fishing as much as fishing,but as time goes by i will be getting rid of this stuff,but it gets to the point all i do is look at ,when i could use the money for fishing trips Be fore i am to old i want to do a canada.mexico bass and i love to do a brazil trip You guys start doing any lake front fishing you will be near me we will meet

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
That's pretty cool Oldsalt. I was always into old antique vintage lures. I don't know too much about the value of them and such but have some glass cases with some old lures hanging in my room. I picked some up at the antique stores, garage sales, and some old tackle from my great grandpa! :D I would love to see some pics and a description of the vintage lures. I am totally into the wooden lures. I think they look cooler when they are used and abused though! :mrgreen:

I'm more into the craftmanship of the lure more than anything... Lets see some pics and some descriptions! :D

Wrench

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.