Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went there today, used small sucker fish. caught 2 pike in 5 hours. one was 23 inches and the other was 19 inches. pretty small. i will upload pics later. but the lagoon was the one on forest and willow

·
Registered
28 Posts
MuskieHunter 94, sorry to ask you this question, but I'm kind of new to fishing, so what do you mean by "small sucker fish?" Are you referring to minnow and roaches or it is something else? I have read that PIKE like to have live bait, but I have seem video of PIKE going for frozen fish as well, so I'm wondering on all of that. Also, they can be caught wither bottom rig or using a bobber. I WONDER!
THANK YOU!

·
Registered
9 Posts
A sucker is a fish, and some guys use them the same way you'd use shiners or fathead minnows...but usually they're larger. Also, I just read a question above pertaining fishing for northerns. In rivers, I have had a lot of luck with rooster tails, and large in-line spinners such as a mepps. Lakes, like the lagoons, I'd probably stick with the same tackle and try crank baits and willow and colorado leaf spinners. Another lure I used to hammer them on is called a "water dog" but I can't seem to find them in any tackle stores. I'll take a pic of mine and post it when I get a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.