Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been out for a couple of weeks I just been sick and my dog is having health issue. Got out this morning which felt great :bbbbounce: and fished from 7am -4:30pm. There was no snow on the ice which made traveling easy but snow cleats were needed. The ice depth a solid 10-13 inches but heard alot of good cracking. Met up with a few good friends that were doing pretty good with the crops and thanks guys for the brots it really hit the spot. Worked depths from 14-22fow and marked alot of fish but having them to bite was a different story for me. I guess my skills are getting rusty becasue of the 2 week layoff. Still manage some fish. All fish were caught on plastics and did alot of hole hoping becasue once you catch one the school moves. The hot color for me was white.

And no I do not eat the sheephead just the crappies. Get that questioned asked alot. All in all it was great to be out as this could my last day on the ice. Getting ready to hit the FOX for some eyes. :aaaparty:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are so many sheephead, white bass, and crappies in the chain system you cant even put a dent in them. Thats why there are no size or limits when haveresting these fish. Yes no size or limits on Crappies on the chain. The sheephead were just stacked up in Pistakee yesterday. My vex was soild red from 21ft up 8ft FOW thats how thick it was. I had use plastics to get the whites and crappies. Usually the sheephead say away from plastics but not yesterday. I must of saw at least a hundred of them yesterday in the Aqu View. Man it was thick down there.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Legend075 said:
My vex was soild red from 21ft up 8ft FOW thats how thick it was. I had use plastics to get the whites and crappies. Usually the sheephead say away from plastics but not yesterday. I must of saw at least a hundred of them yesterday in the Aqu View. Man it was thick down there.
That must have looked cool. This is the first year I really icefished and used a vex. That would be badass to have that much of the vex lit up. I'm used to only seeing one fish at a time :D.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
nice Job Larry, Hope your sharing some of them crappie with dave... :D

I'm All about catch and release but keep perch,salmon,walleye From time to time. Good to have a fish fry with the guys,.... And drink some.. umm..hmmm,.,,, Juice... :lol: yes juice :wink:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
George W said:
nice Job Larry, Hope your sharing some of them crappie with dave... :D

I'm All about catch and release but keep perch,salmon,walleye From time to time. Good to have a fish fry with the guys,.... And drink some.. umm..hmmm,.,,, Juice... :lol: yes juice :wink:
Tell me about. I had some homade Lithuianas Holey water yesterday on the ice that just kick my a$$. It was 171 prrof. Man did I get wasted on the ice. that stuff was so strong I planning on putting that stuff in my gas auger to give it a little more kick. :D Those Lithuianas can sure drink and party on the ice..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.