Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great outing with the Rum Nut Fishing Team (Washusky his brother Marc, Enforcer and his father Chuck, and Dan) :D . We all met up at Pistakee around 5am and started south of the bay in 13-16fow. Marked fish but not takers. Alot of sniffers. 3 sheephead were only caught. It was tuff start. Waskhusky & Enforcer fired up the snowmoblie which made traveling easy :lol: and started to look for active fish. We relocated on the east end of the bay in 19-20fow with two nice crops and that was it. Again we find ourself thinking what lake to hit next :roll:. We all decided on Fox Lake. With new info received we had a good chance of finding some fish and we did. From noon till 4pm we just hammered the whites with a few crappies, 2 gills, 1 cat, and two walleye's Dan's 13-14" and Marc 12-13" which were both release great job guys! Here's a pic of our catch and the pic of the Red Devil ( Snowmoblie :lol: :lol: ). My camera ran out of battiers so i only took a couple but Chuck has more pic which he will most likely post. Again had a blast out there with the Rum Nut Crew a great bunch a guys with many laughs. :p Thanks again guys for another great outiing!!

The Red Devil :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
My kids and I were there from 9am till 1:30pm. I only got 2 whites but my kids had a blast playing around our shanty. I did notice that jet ski trailer cause I almost hit it with my van when I was backing up from Mineolas parking area. I'm planning to go back this Monday or Tuesday when my kids don't have school. Nice catch Legend!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I saw you guys out there. You guys had a grey shanty right? Man you walked all the way out there :shock:. With 3-4" of snow on the ice that walked had to sux. Got to give you credit for that walk. I sure would have not made it. If you would of headed North about 75 yards more you would of have more success just my 2 cents :wink:

I'll be going out Thursday with a few guys and will post a report. Fishing should be good as the new moon phase is in effect. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
No kidding about that loooong walk while pulling that shanty... good exercise though and It was a joy for me to watch my kids roll around and play on the snow/ice while walking back to the parking lot. Here's a picture of 2 of my kids that were with me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.