Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've fished it many times. But the only time I've had much luck has been the all-nighters for catfish. My 5yo. son caught a $30 trout out of there ($11 for my admission,$4 to rent a boat for 4 hrs.,and $15 for a trolling motor).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone ever had any luck with large mouths there? I was gonna take a drive out there tomorrow evening and check it out I was hoping to hook into some easy large mouths. Since I have gone out the last 3 days and have been skunked each day.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah the outdoor notebook usually has some pics in there of some nice fish. But being it's a pay lake and a put and take fisherie 95% of those hawgs go home in buckets. I've seen 5lb. largemouths obviously loaded wiyh eggs go right out the gate in cars.

·
Registered
70 Posts
jaypee the hhf said:
i have had very good luck there...the key is too sneak in at night and throw big white buzzbaits :D

my few pay during the day trips ended not so great...lots of catfish, if thats what your after its worth it.

im not promoting breaking the rules...but sneak in at night. :shock:

jaypee
Or you could sneak into Renwick :lol: :wink: .
I grew up in Plainfield and used to sneak in all the time(both the front and back lakes). I got a buddy that still does :) .

·
Registered
42 Posts
OK thanks for the info. I think I am going to still check it out today or tomorrow night. I will let you gusy know how it goes. Hopefully I can hook a few nice bass. Actually after being skunked for teh past 4 days I will take any thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.