Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of the loop for awhile, you guys got rigged yaks what kind of TV monitor you got? Is 32 inch too big?

I don't need a fishfinder plan on following 55,000 dollar bass boats.

I need to go paddling. Anyone up for Mazonia or Willow Slough this week?

Every fishing site needs a yak forum....

·
Registered
585 Posts
So I finally settled on a kayak, a model by Ocean Kayak.The problem was that I couldn't find one anywhere, finally after talking to an OK customer service rep I found out that they have a factory store in Racine, WI. Racine as it turns out is where I would be working for most of the week so I thought "hey why not just pick up my new yak while I'm there?". So now the reason I'm telling this story, I had no idea that that OK is owned by Johnson Outdoors who also owns, Necky Kayak, Old Town Canoes and Kayaks, Extrasport, Minn Kota and among others Humminbird. Of course that little bastard Murphy can mess with the best laid plans and so it with me and my kayak. The model I wanted just wasn't in stock and I have to wait 7 - 10 days, oh well at least I will get it. While in the store I had a chance to look around and this being a Johnson company store they have the latest and best of everything in their catalog. The sales man showed me the Humminbirds best suited to kayak fishing, first the model 385 which works great with the though-the-hull transducer. Then he directed my attention to a 500 series model with down imaging which does not work with the through-the-hull transdcer, not yet anyway. Next year it will work with the TTH transducer... Maybe. So now I'm confronted with yet another sporting goods quandary, go for the 385 now and be done with it or hold out for the fancy model with down imaging? Oh Boy!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually had a Leisure Life Bass Tender Pro before my yak and been looking a Pelicans Scorpio as possibly my next floater.
Back is campaigning hard for another 2 man 12 foot plastic boat.

Osp, skip the electrics and learn to fish.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ive got a cuda something or other. It does spot fish, although Ive never caught any by using it. Mostly for the depths and drop offs. I mean, hell, if your actually on the water doesnt it make sense to know what is below you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts