Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out to Lake Glenview tomorrow afternoon and have never fished there. Please give me a good idea on where to go/what to use. I don't have Senkos, but what can I get away with there (spinnerbaits, roostertails, pre-rigged plastics, twister tail jigs, etc.)? Also, what are the best colors to use? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey,
I fish at Lake Glenview pretty darn often because it's so close. If you're going to use a spinnerbait, I've found that a gold spinner bait (blades and skirt) works pretty well -- atleast when they're biting. Other than that, I'd fish plastic worms just texas rigged with a split shot about 10" above the hook and just let it fall in between or on the edges of weed beds (try the northern most pier casting north, you should see the edge of the weedline + some rocks/drop off). If the fish are there, the should hit it pretty quickly while it falls. For color of plastic worm, I've had luck with black, purple, pumpkinseed, junebug, and green pumpkinseed colored worms. If you're fishing other spots where the weeds aren't too bad, I'd reccomend using a jerkbait like a husky jerk or somethin'. But, yeah if you have the chance I'd reccomend getting some senkos or yum dingers because they've been the only lures that have really been producing lately. The bites been kinda slow over there. Good luck

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
I agree. And like any lake, the color, lure, presentation can change from day to day so you never really know what will for sure work.

I'd suggest having a few different colors of plastic worms and go with the Texas rig. That is one of the surefire ways to catch largemouth bass in just about any situation. And if the water is calm, and you fish early or late, try some topwater baits.

Good lucj, Phil. Let us know how you do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts