Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
I've been zapping him through his onesie every few days with the defibrillator paddles. He has still yet to revive.

Incarceration. That's my theory for today. Matt, can you check if he's been locked up for something? I'd look under rioters first. Both him and John Cusack. Haven't seen or heard from Cusack in awhile either.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I think I seen him the other day wearing a red suit and hat with black boots and feeding some reindeer. Temporary gig, should be back soon to see who's been naughty or nice. :)

Things a guy will do for some cookies this time of year

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
In the history of Chicago fishing websites, there has never been a red carpet rollout like this one for a member who has voluntarily resigned. If he doesn't return after this thread, he is a bigger Diva 👢👩👢than anyone here could have imagined. 😂

Ask yourself, if you ever would stop posting, would you get all this attention?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Damn! I'm gone for a few months and now I find out Rambler is awol? Hope he comes back!

Steve

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Cyanatic,
I think it all has something to do with this mystery post of his:

He posted something and then tried to delete the thread (like bigsaw used to do all the time) which he was not able to delete on the new WCF website. He shouted some unrepeatable obscenities scaring his cats, settled for deleting the text and the title, then ran off the stage like Napoleon Dynamite in the movie. 'Hasn't been seen since except to log on every few days to see if anyone is missing him. If we only had access to a backup original copy of that thread, the mystery of why he left would be solved.

For now, we have to just keep busy by submitting plausible theories. Being Jan. 6th I have a new one today. It's quite possible he got caught up in the festivities a year ago in what he thought was Trump's going away party and got himself in some hot water sharing hors hors d'oeuvres at the Capitol with this guy.

·
Super Moderator
6,286 Posts
I never bothered to find that deleted post, but since Ron posted it, I looked it up. While it was a plausible theory, the deleted post has nothing to do with politics or animosity toward anyone on the site. It was actually a regular fishing report.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Matt,
Thanks for the detective work! I wasn't sure that would be accessible. Now I really laugh at bigsaw. Usually, his reason for starting a thread, then deleting it was that he was typing something very vile and not allowed, directed at me. When he was convinced I had read his nasty msg to me, he'd either delete it or edit out his nasty stuff. He thought he was soooo clever, but the mods were able to see it all along. He used to send me some wonderful unsolicited private messages out of the clear blue also.

The only reason Rambler would delete a regular fishing post might be that he was having trouble IDing the species of bass in the photos. I'll have to believe my Jan 6th theory for now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts