Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the endearing comments about my pale complexion, I hoped to get some sun today, but Mother Nature would have none of it. After a nice salmon dinner and seeing the wife off to work, I got out to a pond around 650P. Not much time for fishing and it was a little cold. No sunning for me today :D I decided to switch it up and go with Jason's old favorite, the Slug-o. I ended up going 6 for 8. The bite was best right when I arrived and tapered, then shut off at dark. Hopefully another pond trip or 2 the rest of the week and maybe Lasalle Saturday with my nephew, weather permitting.

· Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Augie. I think I talked my brother-in-law and nephew into going up to Depere Friday night for some walleye. That should be fun. Hopefully the weather stays about the same or improves a little. Long, long drive, but I have always wanted to fish it.

· Administrator
5,370 Posts
Great fish Matt! I'll tell ya... I really got to liking the Slug-go's a couple of years ago at Axehead and have since worked on technique and different color/sizes on different waters. It's a great bait.

· Registered
2,410 Posts
Sweet catch Matt! I'm going to hit a oakton pond tomorrow after work (because it's the closest to my house + Franks 22" & Aris's nice catch the other day). I was scared that it was going to be too cold but your post has given me some hope!

· Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Man if you were out right when that front came through... You'd be having night mares of the gruesome hits of these fish !!

i was at a local pond also. 21 fish from 12:30-2:30 with 3 over 3 lbs

all others averaging out about 2 1/2 lbs.

I have pics of the bigger ones.. No time to post

Most likely not a lot of post coming out my way this year, and I apologize.

I love fishing when the barometric pressure drops like that !

Nice job !

Keep them coming.

George

:wink:

· Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MrB, yep that is the self timer. Sometimes I have to retake a pic, but I have gotten much better this year at framing the fish up.

Jason, I caught my first decent bass ever on a Slug-o. I grew up fishing that bait along with the Power Worm. I agree, great bait :p

George, glad to you were able to get out at prime time. You gotta love feeding windows like that.

Coyote, don't make me get YOUR pictures out of the vault :wink: :p

I would still recommend getting out to your local ponds. The water temp will probably stay around 50 in the daytime. It probably won't be hot and heavy, but there is still plenty of good pre-spawn fishing.

· Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hit up the pond for around an hour last night. The wind made it pretty damn cold. Ended up with 7 bass and had quite a few drops. Caught most on the slug-o. I tried the power worm but only landed 1 with a few short hits. Pics are not uploaded yet, but you all know what a bass looks like anyways :p All the fish were tight to one spot. I could not scratch a fish anywhere else :?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.