Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd add to the early season outings by posting a recent cat. I've always known the pond held some cats but never landed one myself. I was actually throwing around a jig and twister and dragged it across his back. At first I thought I had a big ole carp but then realized the way the line was being drawn out and moving side to side that it may be a kitty.
Found him in a shallower area, clouded water due to recent rains, near a small inlet probably waiting for tasty morsels to drift his way. Shoreline was getting a bit of wind too.

He's a fatty.

Fun fight, sent him back to the depths. :D

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! I've been trying to get out as much as possible during the week even tho this thing called a job hinders me. This weather we've been having hasn't helped either. I did get out yesterday to a favorite pond that is, at the moment turbid and bloated. Broke out the white/pearl crankbait and practiced casting......I did miss a fish right at my feet as he tried to hit the retrieve but turned back at the last moment. :(

I hope this weekend I'll make up for some of these lost weekdays.

Osprey I actually was just bouncing a jig and twister slowly off the bottom and got caught up on the fishes' back end. :D

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MPlant1 I would agree that the fish was around 6lb...if you include the grass that stuck to it when it was rolling on the ground then I would have to say 6.1 lb. :lol:

Let's just say this pond is in DuPage. It's amazing what you find out in those ponds when you aren't looking for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.