Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just over at my little pond and i saw at least 500 dead fish.I saw like 20 dead catfish didnt really see a lot of bass.Why is it that all these fish died.Idk what the deepest point is in the pond but will it still be good fishing?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Is this a public body of water? That is very strange. If it is public, maybe notify the DNR??? Just a guess though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was still abought 4-6in ice on it.It is public but its preaty close to my house so i dont want to give the location.I mean it looked disgusting there was catfish and blue gill all OVER THE PLACE. If i go back any time soon ill get some pictures.It smelled like a dead body!
My friends sister almost puked :shock: Its a nice pond ive cought some preaty decent bass from there.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yea, thats a fish kill :( Ity happened to my favorite pond in my area right by my house. since then its been tough fishing... :(

Still some bass, but I saw many lunkers dead at mine last year...

Heres a pic of one.. :cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
If it is a subdivion pond. I highly doubt it will be re-stock. There should still be some fish that have survived that can reproduce if the pond has some elements to reproduce fish... I Hope the best for the pond!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Were the dead fish under the ice, on top of the ice, or floating in the open water between the shoreline and the ice? And is this pond near any rivers or streams that may have flooded it recently? Just trying to get a handle on whats going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.