Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got out and did some pond hoppin for about an hour and a half. Only hit up 2 small ponds right by each other. Fishing was slow!!! Threw a spinner-bait to cover some water, then after that I went to a texas rigged and got 1 fish only. :x Fishing was tough but it felt great to be out in this nice weather we have been getting. Threw a pink and purple 7" powerbait worm, that was the ticket after pounding the water with a spinnerbait. There was a bunch of moss on the bottom. But I figured if once I would catch the moss I would give it a nice ripp and the moss would come off. I was suprised it did as half the time it doesn't. The fish hit on the pause. I would hop it 3 or 4 times on the bottom and let it sit from 10-20 seconds. The bass hit probably after letting it pause for 10-12 seconds. I will try to get out for an hour tonight. I am going to switch things up a bit and go to some 2 or 3 inch craws on a 1/0 hook and see if they are being picky.

Have a Happy 4th everyone!

Attachments

· Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jaypee the hhf said:
WrenchingnFishing said:
Threw a pink and purple 7" powerbait worm,
what pink and purple....yuck!

hehe just messing with ya Dave!...I was out from 530 am - 10 pm...fishing was tough dude!

only got about 10 fish total, only 2 over 14inches :(

JayPee
LOL, yea fishing has been tough the past 2 days. Oh well I am still on a no skunk streak1 :D I won't leave until I get one. LOL, switching things up seems to be the ticket. I have a feeling tonite either drop shoting a robo worm or texas rigging a 2-3 inch craw may put some more fish on the board. I was thinking of maybe even drop shotting a craw, but then giving slack in the line to let it flutter to the bottom and as I left up on the craw, It may give it a natural swim look. I am going to rig up 3 finess rods for tonite, 1 jerkbait rod and a top-water rod. It has been tough! Let me know when you'll be out fishing, hit me up on my cell if you wanna get out this Sunday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.