Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the evening buzzbait bite a couple times this week. Nothing huge, but the action has been steady.

Yesterday Yami Master and I decided to do some fun fishing in Dupage County. The first spot was on fire the day before, but the gills had seemed to have taken over today and the bass were skittish. We pulled a few decent ones out though.

The next spot was our numbers lake. Not very overall size in here, but there are lots of bass. Suprisingly, I got a monsta gill.

Yami and I caught several bass, mostly of this size.

It was a fun day out, hopefully we can do it again soon. I was going to fish Heidecke today, but am a little too under the weather to take the boat out and fight those waves.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bassman For Life said:
did that gilly hit a top water ???? hes a monster
We were using plastics and I was getting bored (and tired of being stomped by Yami Master) so I freelined a leech right on the weedline. The pond does not have many gills but I caught a similar size one there last year on the same setup.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It was a nice day just getting out and chiilin. Thanks for going Matt, hope you start feeling better. Yesterday took Yami jr out and he ended up with 10 gills 1 rock bass. It was a great day as well I will have some pics soon.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Those are some really nice fish! I have never really had luck with topwaters and thus they have taken a back seat in my list of confidence lures, but I am going to have to give them more time on the water based on your catches. Great Job!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.