Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yami Master and I met up in Dupage County to do some pond hopping. We started off at an old favorite and it was slow. We each had 1 chance on plastics, and finally after much effort Yami came through on a spinnerbait.

We headed to another pond Yami had found on google earth only to find out it had a max depth of about a foot or two. We figured it was not good when we saw geese standing in the middle of the lake :p We then bounced to another one that we thought had promise. There were catch and release only signs posted and the pond looked really good. After an hour or so all we accomplished was myself almost losing an eye trying to get my rattletrap out of a bush. The rain has stopped so I may go out and try my luck around Kane County :D

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
nice Report !

i had to re-adjust my hook sets with bass because of losing a few Nice Fish. Hard Going from carp,gills,trout/salmon, then bass. Each reguire somewhat of a different hook set especially between carp,trout and bass.

George

:D

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, not yet. The pond in the background is actually a public park that just has houses backing up to it in one end. Most of the ones we have found so far have actually been Park District Ponds. There is one more in Aurora that I want to check out that may be different. There is one in Yami's neck of the woods that I am unsure about as well. Maybe next weekend we will check them out. Some of them out by me have actually turned out to be in golf course communities. I have not seen anything posted but have left them alone. You never know I guess until you make the drive out there and check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.