Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up the pond with Mark, Glen, and Augie. As Mark and I were waiting for them to show, we drilled a few holes and caught around 10 or so dink bass on jiggin raps and just a plain hook and fathead. After the latecomers arrived we got some tip-up action going and it was steady, but not great. The highlight had to be Mark spotting a fish on the vex right after he drilled the hole suspended down 5 feet in 10 feet of water. He handlined a roach from a tipup down 5 feet and was instantly greeted with a 2 lb. bass. Those vex's are kinda cool. I'll post some pics later, right now I am dealing with a broke furnace :x

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Kewl, looking forward to seeing the pics. When are you going to get Mike (coyote) out there?

On ur furnace make sure ur thermocouple is clean, mine was durty and wouldnt ignite.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I am still in the tag-a-long phase. I own no equipment of my own :p I have been jonesing to get out with him though. Hopefully some ice out crappies at LITH soon :wink: I'll put the pictures up when my hands stop shaking. Right now the house is sitting at 51 degrees, but it feels much colder then that. I'm waiting for a part that should get here around lunch time for the furnace.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
toothdoc said:
Nice fish there Matt. What did you catch those LMB on through the ice? I wanna try icefishing for bass this weekend.
Medium shiners on tipups about a foot off the bottom. Lots of them tripped the flag and just sat there with the bait. Hopefully when the weather stabalizes they will get a little more frisky.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yami Master said:
Nice job Matt! It looks like your getting hooked... I could see you hitting the sale at the end of the season for some ice gear.
Hand Auger, Ice scoop, 2 cheap rods, a few tipups, bucket, shanty, vexilar, ice armour suit. Hell Yeah!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.