Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out today for about 3 hours on the water with my buddy. I ended up with 2 fish, my buddy ended up with a skunk. We threw all different variations of lures and I ended up picking up 2 largemouth on a white/yellow spinnerbait. It was windy, but a nice day to be on the water. Temp was 58-60*F everywhere throughout the pond. Heres a couple pics of the largest caught. Nothing special, but still better than the skunk. :lol: \

BTW, We ended up fishing the whole pond 2 times around and then targeted a shallow flat over and over with no avail.

Sorry about the picture quality... within a couple weeks I will have a new digital camera...

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nice fish Dave!

I wish there were ponds around here where I could take my boat out to after work. You and Matt both had posts like that in the last week or so. All I have are a bunch of FP ponds. Hell. it takes me 45 minutes to get to the Kank. Take it easy.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments guys

D, I may see you out there. We are still debating on where to go, I will be fishing all day saturday as well! :mrgreen:

Paul, Yea.. That's the downfall of IL :( If only we had more lakes :p

Matt, You were right about the boat launch, we didn't get stuck, but other than it being soft, once your on the concrete slab. It's not too bad. Plus I am sure it's a lot easier with 2 guys instead of launching and landing Solo. Are you going to be out there anytime soon? I wanna fish this pond more often. It definately has some potential :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.