Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on the 26th for a couple hours at a near by pond around 3pm. The first 10 minutes I was there I hooked into a Nice bass on a Senko just dragging it really slow on the bottom. I set the hook so damn hard on this fish. He was in a couple feet of water, His head came out of the water and the 4/0 Gama hook just popped out of his mouth! :x She was around 3-4 lbs. I was so angry I just dropped my rod and ofcourse was dissapointed and i grabbed my head looked down and shook my head in shame since I wanted my first open water bass of 2008 to be a Decent Bass... Fished for a couple more hours and ended up with a little Dink. I tried jerkbaits and a baby 1 minus with not even a strike. "I should have tried a rattle-trap" :?

Today, 3/30 Report. I got out to the pond by my house and was angry at what i saw... About 10 dead bass all from about 15-19 inches. No crappies or bluegills. Those actually got killed off in the fall from a chemical that was put in the water. I also noticed a Hose from the associations pool leading underneath the fence into the pond :shock: . I took the hose and whipped it back over the fence. This Pond has just gotten ruined over the past year. Especially all the garbage in the pond, It disgusts me. I tried 2 different jerkbaits, a ratle-trap, and even tried drop shotting a Robo-Worm with no avail. Oh yea, I even tried crawling a Jig n Pig along the drop in an area. Not even a bump. I took a picture of one of the dead bass. It's ashame to see bass this size dead. But thats Nature for ya... I will try it again tomarrow evening.

Dave

The Little Dink that got on the 26th...

Then the fish kill at my Pond, what a shame...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Culprit said:
atleast u got something.
Is that a new senko color ?
I don't believe so... They've always had that color as I can remember, white bottom, light green and black flake on top. I believe it is called baby bass, correct me if im wrong though. I have my gear in the garage and will check the package later when I'm out there. But I know the Yum Dingers of that same color it is called baby bass "I think LOL". But That was a Yamamoto... 8)

Dave

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the report Dave. It is really upsetting to see that happen. Like Culprit said, at least you got something. That color of Senko sounds like one I haven't tried yet. :?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My bad, I thought I grabbed it out of one of my yamamoto packages, but I actually got it out of my Kinami Packages, But yea the Kinami color is Baby Bass ;) The Yamamoto is a different name color for it, but comes in the same color as the Kinami... If I dig threw my packages of yamamoto I can find the color of it under that brand. But I just checked in the garage and it's the Kinami-Baby Bass. 8)

Dave

Thanks for the Comments guys, I am going to try again tomarrow.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Thx for checking Dave lol I though I was missing out.

I have the green n white in yamasenko now if they could just put a black stripe lengthwise across the middle it would truly be baby bass lol

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Yea, In my videos I'm very enthusiastic about catching the fish But If You'd See The Part Where I lose a bass You'd might think it's something out of a horror movie :shock: :shock: :shock: we all hate to lose fish.

the Fish kill really Does suck, It pisses me off and it isn't even a local honey hole for me. just a big disappointment to see....

on the bright side Nice way to start the bass season off! keep knocking them dead dave.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Well, at least of the open water skunk is off. It is hard to deal with losing a nice one though when you know your opportunities will probably be limited. Lost about a 3 lber myself last week that turned out to be the only hookup of the day.
I have not seen any evidence of winter kill yet, but I was expecting to probably see some. Looks like your problem goes above and beyond that though. Hate to see homeowners kill a body of water like that :cry:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for the report Dave, you'll get that big guy next time.

George W said:
Yea, In my videos I'm very enthusiastic about catching the fish But If You'd See The Part Where I lose a bass You'd might think it's something out of a horror movie :shock: :shock: :shock: we all hate to lose fish.
You should put "misses" on the videos as well: sounds like it might be pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Dave man that sux. That pond by your house is a true gem. I been fishingthat pond before you were even born and still do time to time. The complex association needs to something about it. I guess I'll have to talk to Tim in stocking more bass :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm heading out there again really soon. 8)

Larry, I spoke to Tim, He is not going to stock it again. He did that many years ago and that one guy next door to him keeps bass out of there all the time. The guy can't even speek english :?

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.