Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for fishable ponds in the suburbs. I only know of a few my favorite is OCC but i never caught anything big out of there just seen a few good reports. Anyone know any listings of fishable ponds? Perhaps the WCF can make a list for Jay's website or something? I wanna take my nephew to a nice pond he's only 8.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
They all have fish. I havent found many spots for big bass myself but they all have at least panfish and catfish/bullhead/carp. I think a rocky shoreline is a good sign for bass on any pond though- it means it gbets somewhat deep. Fishing random ponds is the best way to find a honey hole.

·
Registered
560 Posts
since the bass bite for me has been doa this year I have been doing a lot of catfishing and even carp fishing. A place where I know where you will always catch cats and carp is salt creek in addison. Its not a lake but there is plenty of shoreline to find a nice spot to relax and catch some fish. From the city take north ave west to 83 once you pass 83 the next street is villa ave turn right take that all the way down to fullerton make a right. You will see a parking lot on your left park walk across the street follow the path there is a nice little lake there and the creek is there too. Its pricey but shrimp on a size 2 hook with a weight off the bottom, you will land a carp cat or by accident 20 pound snapping turtles. happened to me three times I was able to save them. Thats my favorite place right now. I live near the dpr I know every little lake in the area if you pm me I can tell you some more spots. I hope this helps a little

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.