Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been driving down rt 120 in lakemoor everyday for a while now, and kept noticing this little side road, going down into a "canyon", probably a old quarry pit. Finally drove down to check it out and there were 2 nice looking lakes down there, water was CRYSTAL CLEAR! Saw some fish swiming around it, looked like a promising lake for some bass. All that was down there was some Old construction equipment and didn't look like the area had been used for quite some time. Great place to try out the 4x4 to.
Anybody have any info on the old quarry pit? Right off rt 120, just west of lilly lake road, in lakemoor il. If anybody knows who owns it, id love to give em a call and see if I can drop a quick line in.
[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?s...ps.google.com/maps?source=ig&h ... a=N&tab=wl

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PK, I didnt think anybody would know about those ponds. Thank, goodness i actually posted.

Theres still a few smaller ponds there and your right they do have some good cover. Kind of wierd gates have been open for a few weeks now, they used to keep them locked.

I know its in Lakemoor, so I was thinking about asking one of the cops if I could try it out. Sometimes they sit right there and setup a speed trap.
Not my secret hole yet, I want to find out if I even can try it out. I dont think my wife would bail me out for fishing on private property.
I think its to far for most of WCF to go fishing at..
at least i hope so. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Youd think being so close to Defiance and the fact they really havent been fished in a while there would be some lunkers. There was plenty of baitfish from what i saw so the forage is there.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Allright, stopped by there again. Put the jeep through its paces and wandered around there a bit. Theres definatly some bass in there, the forage looks good.
Id love to try it out, but dont want to risk the ticket. Unless WCF has a bail bond card, or a pool of $$$ to bail us out.
:)
Anyways, next lakemoor cop i see ill bug em. See if I can at least try it out.

Oh, I tried lily lake, its just to darn shallow to fish from shore. Its only 2ft or less deep about 20ft out. Choked with lily pads to. Should have a boat this weekend, so I might give it a shot.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh great culprit, do share your secrets!!!
Nothing like a lake thats only like 20 ft from the road, and on your way home every day.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Met some guys last night that were saying that they were going there this weekend. Ill see them at the dam sometime next week so Ill know for sure if its ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.