Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have actually heard of those lakes before on other sites and from other people.. I fish a bit at Defiance Lake in Moraine Hills State Park and when I was younger I used to fish in Wilderness Lake and Tomahawk Lake which were at the back end of the park. I remember seeing these lakes and hearing things about how you couldn't get in there and that it was trespassing if you did. This was a while back so I don't know if that changed, but I do remember hearing about some nice fish out of these ponds for those who actually got in and out without getting in trouble. In fact, I heard that someone pulled a 25.5" bass out of Defiance Lake (and released it back) a couple of weeks ago so it's a hotbed area for big bass maybe???

·
Registered
953 Posts
Just so you know both Wilderness Lake and Tomahawk Lake are gone now. They are completely dried up. I guess they used to get their water through the quarry, but once they stopped work at the quarry the water went away. It's sad, because I liked those lakes and now they are gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.