Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yup. I know that lake well! I used to fish it a lot as a child in the late 80s and early 90.s Once I learned to drive I think I about spent my 16th summer out there. Parking is probably a problem, because it turned into one. Where we were once able to park signs of "no parking" were put in, as were signs of "no trespassing". The cops had given out tickets to those who continued to go int here. A lot of people fished, a lot of kids used to jump off the rigs into the water, people used to drive there ATVs through the sand hills. I dunno what happened but all of a sudden they closed it down to the general public. I was told it would be turned into a forest preserve lake...and I've been waiting for that day because I know there are big bass in there.
There were lakes in the back of that main lake. Actually they were little ponds but they had a lot of weeds and cover. They were excellent bass lakes. It looks like from this satellite picture that those have been drained.

The main "lake" is extremly deep. We used to fish on a rig that was partially on the shore and about 50 feet into the water. I remember catching probably 40-50 stripped bass off that during the right time of the year.

I hope I'm not giving out too much info on someone's secret hole here. But there is NO way all the guys on this board could clean that lake out. :wink:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'd be really interested to know what happens if the cops let you fish. Maybe it has turned to public property and they are going to do something with it. It would be a shame to see that turn into a subdivision.

We used to fish it when the gates were locked and park our cars on top of that main driveway all night and the cops never said a thing. We were never allowed to drive our cars beyond the gates.

I think someone got hurt out there or too many kids were hanging around and the owners of the quarry were starting to get worried about a lawsuit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.