Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend was a non producer for Salmonoids, and I was determined to give it a go this weekend and try again. I met up with a few friends on the south side of Chicago off of Jackson Harbor looking for fish, but the morning produced one lost fish. I was very upset and even more determined that I was going to catch a fish.

Left, got lunch, putzed around, and blasted off again around 4 pm near Montrose Harbor, lakeside. After rigging up with large fatheads, I had another fish on, about 75 yards out, 4 feet down. A few jumps and the fish was gone. I'm not 0-2 :x

Finally, around 5:30, I connect with a fish, and am able to successfully land it.

First Salmon of 2009!

I was able to get some video footage of me setting up the powerline, blasting off, and fishing and landing the fish. However, it hasn't been editted yet and hopefully I'll get that up on here for you guys who have powerlining questions.

All around, I didn't really see too much action. Coho action was sporadic. Of all the guys out, I saw a total of 7 fish this weekend. So... Coho are beginning to trickle in. Next weekend should produce.

Mike

20", 2# Typical Spring Coho

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's a pretty beautiful coho there! Eh, just one thing: I have a net that is 5 feet long, and I am planning on going to gov't pier when the weather's in the 50's... Should I wear any protective clothing like Ice Cleats? I am also thinking of bringing a friend around who has only fished around his neighborhood Park-district lake... Would you bring a middle-aged stress magnet out to Gv't pier?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great looking fish... I like the bigger photo - can really see the details.

You getting out with your buddy HankG? I could have sworn I've seen him twice walking around in Hyde Park, but he'd have thought I was crazy yelling, "Hey, are you HankG?" I met you online at _________________.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jay K said:
Great looking fish... I like the bigger photo - can really see the details.

You getting out with your buddy HankG? I could have sworn I've seen him twice walking around in Hyde Park, but he'd have thought I was crazy yelling, "Hey, are you HankG?" I met you online at _________________.
Photo was taken by a professional (thanks Cam!)

And yup - I was out with Hank G on Saturday. Next time you see that bearded fella, say hi to him! He'll say hi and tell you a bunch of great fish stories and tell you about the Jackson Park regulars, including "Lyin' Ray".

·
Registered
400 Posts
The much anticipated video!!!

We will have some better video in the near future. A few problems with converting files, and uploading videos still stands in the way.

·
Registered
400 Posts
rootpro6 said:
nice video mike!! i think i would of made a bette video if i filmed it tho. :lol: we gotta get a video of u fighting a steelhead up north this weekend for sure!! bettyer yet of me fighting one cause im due for a catch
Thanks Rootpro. :p The film would have been a lot better if I wasn't so pressed for time, and didn't have all of the conversion issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.