Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, no fish. Tomorrow's plans are scratched

I checked wave and wind reports last night. Looked like we were gonna get some NE winds 10-15 mph with some 2 footers, which is manageable. However, once arriving at the lake, it was a different story. The wind kicked up and the momentum of the waves slamming into the shore was building and building. It was next to impossible to fish from where we were.

It was more like an episode of the deadliest catch. Pulled lines after 40 minutes and getting drenched.

With the winds shifting east later, tomorrow is calling for 12 footers. Parts of LSD will close down if we get them big rollers

·
Registered
386 Posts
Dude mike we got so owned.... I took a nap when I got home and I woke up and really wanted to fish... Dang. Maybe this will change things though and the bite will pick up sometime.... some day.

I'm heading out to Montrose right now with a friend to take some photographs of the rollers. I'll let you know if anything's doing out there.

·
Banned
41 Posts
OWNED!!! lol. (that was what you said to me)

I always read or here the weather report for I go out.

But i fish alot and no what Im doing. Beter luck next time. It will payoff if you keep at it. Just keep practising and it will all work out for you and your bud cam.

Good luck

Kurt

·
Registered
386 Posts
KurtKaboom said:

But i fish alot and no what Im doing.

Kurt
We read the report, I looked at the GLFCS for water surface temps and projected wave heights. We picked a spot that should have been good if the weather reports were a little more accurate last night. Furthermore, we still tried our best when there was really no one else there braving the weather... Some of the best great lakes shore fishing I've ever had has been in waves greater than 4 feet in height.

Thanks for implying that we don't know what we're doing.

Oh and p.s. trout is the plural of trout, practicing doesn't have an s in it, "a" and "lot" are two words, not one, and here implies location, hear is something you do with your ears.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice try out there guys. There is always a next time.

Oh Mplant... Thanks for the 6:30am wake up call! :lol: I told you last night I was out shootin pool and throwin darts. LOL I did wanna go though. Thanks for the invite, appreciate it bud!

Cya on the water soon.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KurtKaboom said:
OWNED!!! lol. (that was what you said to me)

Re-read my post.

WrenchingnFishing said:
Nice try out there guys. There is always a next time.

Oh Mplant... Thanks for the 6:30am wake up call! :lol: I told you last night I was out shootin pool and throwin darts. LOL I did wanna go though. Thanks for the invite, appreciate it bud!

Cya on the water soon.
Don't worry Dave we literally fished for 40 minutes before calling it quits. Not worth a trip from Schaumburg into the city for that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Cam said:
Dude mike we got so owned.... I took a nap when I got home and I woke up and really wanted to fish... Dang. Maybe this will change things though and the bite will pick up sometime.... some day.

I'm heading out to Montrose right now with a friend to take some photographs of the rollers. I'll let you know if anything's doing out there.
It will; this monday is going to be fair, and I think Saturday, next week will be in the mid 50's. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.