Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried some Wisconsin fishing for a change with my uncle yesterday and learned about Powers Lake... Water was 72 degrees and was pretty much overcast most of the day with a glimmer of sunlight here and there... We fished the west side of the lake and then two of the humps on the north end... The humps proved to be most productive as I got my two better bass from there... My uncle had some success with the whiskered critters catching 2 bullhead and a small flathead, all just over a foot long...

No pattern today as my 5 bass came on 5 different baits which included a senko, rattle trap, and 3 different crankbaits... Thia lake will definitely get a visit from us again in the future...

BPM

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
nice going Mike! Powers Lake is known for their slab hop klops and their big pike. But you proved it wrong with some nice Bass dude! Nice Job Mike!!! :D

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
nice going Mike! Powers Lake is known for their slab hop klops and their big pike. But you proved it wrong with some nice Bass dude! Nice Job Mike!!! :D
Sounds like a great spot to pop up the shanty-town come December Dave........

:wink:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will definitely drill some holes in here come the cold weather season... Had a few northerns follow chatterbaits today too... Tip up action should be good here...

BPM

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
BASSPROMATUK said:
I will definitely drill some holes in here come the cold weather season... Had a few northerns follow chatterbaits today too... Tip up action should be good here...

BPM
Let me know before you go, I grill a mean cheddah-buddah-burgah.

:wink:

Is it wrong that it's 87 degress out and all I can think about is freezin' my butt off on the ice....?!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[/quote]Is it wrong that it's 87 degress out and all I can think about is freezin' my butt off on the ice....?![/quote]

YES! SEEK COUNSELING IMMEDIATELY!!! :mrgreen:

BPM

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice fish guys. My family has a house on Powers so I've fished the lake every summer for the past 7 or 8 years. Catfish in the 12" range that you caught are pretty much the norm around here as are the size bass that I see in the pictures. As for the pike, it produces some decent ones, got about a 24 inch myself last year and I have heard of some in the 36 inch range being pulled out. For anyone looking to fish this lake, flipping Senkos around docks and in the lilly pads is probably the best way to get some nice bass, and every once in a while, a nice pike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.