Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to fish this lake for years and finally deided to give it a try with my friend Larry. Got to launch at 500am to pretty gusty winds coming right at us. Wanted to throw topwaters so had to go far side of lake. Threw spinners and buzzbaits in calm area foe 45 minutes without a hit. Went to plastic worms around piers and up shallow and between 600am and 900am we caught 20 largies with just about everyone 2lbs the biggest onlt 2.25 and the smallest 1.50 with 1 dsmallie mixed in and of course 10-15 rockies. By 9 it really shut down went in 15 feet with crawlers and picked up rockies gills and perch wich all were standard Lake Geneva size . Gave 1 more try around piers and got a few more bass , with the wind really howling and boat launch 3 deep left by 1130. Not bad for first time , but very strange the bass being all the same size. Hard to say wether i would fish againseeing how Geneva and Delavan right down road , but was a nice chnage of pace.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Wow Mike, that is impresive :shock: Considering the conditions, that is darn good fishing for the small amount of time you put in. I'll have to add Powers to the ever growing list of SEWI I'd like to try.

·
Registered
33 Posts
we own a house on powers lake, i'd have to say the average lmb is about 14 to 15 inches it was awesome when i was a kid but i have to agree the 10minute drive to geneva is well worth it. however we do have a nice population of northern my biggest caught last summer was 32in

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figureed 2 glasseyes and you Sean might be intersted in a report from there seeing how you guys fish the area lakes up there. Sure is a beautiful lake with clear water. Panfish are really nice size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.