Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for a bit on Sunday before having to drive out to Waterman, IL. Stopped by Pratt's Wayne Woods on the trip out and hit Pickerel Lake first. The weather was windy and the water was choppy. No bites in the windblown corner. Was using a yum dinger and throwing to the edge of some lily pads.

I walked over to two of the other ponds. The first thing I noticed was a good deal of algae in the shallow end. I fished Catfish Pond and Beaver Slough starting off with working the Yum Dinger. Got a few bites but never hooked up. Went to crawler under a slip bobber and got a couple of small gills and one small catfish. It was such a beautiful day that I didn't let the lack of fish get me down.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
It sounds to me that you still had a great day out there enjoying the beautiful weather. I have a sign that someone gave to me that says "A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office." Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You are right, they used to be old quarry pits. How covered in algae is the water on the smaller 2 ponds? It's been about 2 months since I've been there, and it was horrible on the smaller 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.