Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went fishing at a place up in Muskegon, MI. It was about 38degress this morning and this was the first weekend with no ice on the water. We got the skunk, but just being on the lake got me so excited to go there in the summer time a few times. Ive been going to this lake for about 10yrs and have always had good luck, local pro tells us its the best bass fishing lake in the Midwest.

Started off the day fishing a pier on the main body of the lake throwing swimjigs, jig n pigs, and ratl traps. Got nothin

Moved to the channel which feeds into the lake and worked a spinnerbait, cranks, ratltraps, jigs and even a finesse leech and got nothing. Water temp was 35 degrees and when i figured it out i wasnt expecting to much.

We left and went to visit our friend an FLW walleye competitor who owns the towns bait shop. He got back from Lake Michigan and caught 25 Steelheads.
Said that the fishing was going to pick up in a week or two of decent weather. Cant wait till Spawn.

THIS ICEOUT BASS FISHING IS PRETTY ROUGH :x

Here is some pics of the place today. Dont try to find it ( You probally wont).

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Hey! I recognize that skinny tree sticking out in the 2nd picture! Just kidding! :lol: That looked like a real nice day to be on the water though... It will get better real soon... - BPM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.