Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with the warm weather today, my patient and I decided to go back to the pond in Wisconsin that I've posted pics from before. We had a good day. It was in the mid 60's and once the sun came out mid-morning, the fish really turned on. I caught over 50 crappie on minnows. Actually, I lost count after 30. There was a period of time where I was catching one a minute.

This one went 3 lbs 14 oz

4 lbs 12 oz

A perch that was almost 14 inches

I caught a lot of these.

Some pictures of our little honey hole.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All of the crappies were caught on minnows. One bass was caught on a minnow and all the rest of the bass and the perch were caught on plastics. Zoom trick worms, lizards and large grubs with a skirt. The perch took one of the grubs.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
nice doc !!!

how were u fishin the lures,was it like a dt hula grub ?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they were like DT Hula grubs that you told me about. I didn't get a chance to stop at a major store, so I bought what the local tackle store had. They looked like a Yamamoto Fat Ika, but smaller. Sort of like a solid tube bait. All of the plastics were fished on a jig head. I used a 1/8 ounce. Fished very slowly and sometimes letting them sit for a while. Thanks for the tip the grubs! :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the grubs didn't have the second end like a DT Hula grub.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You guys are changing my mind on not using plastics and just fishing the river lately.

Nice job doc!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
toothdoc said:
MrB, why don't you use plastics? I use them a lot.
The bite started slowing down on me at the ponds with plastics, so I started going to cranks and spinnerbaits. Then that started slowing down and went to live bait, which wasnt producing much so I said screw it and started hitting the river.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MrB, you have to do whatever it takes to produce. Change tactics to what the fish want and will respond to.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Man, it looks beautiful up there!
Some nice fish too Doc.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
holy Sh^&* what r thay feeding them Bass....Nice Doc :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts