Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my first trip to the private pond that I get to fish with my brother-in-law today. The weather today was nice but the fishing sucked. Between the two of us I think that we got like 10 bass in 5 hours and not anything big. I think that the last few days of cold weather have the fish there turned off. I saw a couple of really big fish cruising the shallows but couldn't get them interested in anything in my tackle box. :lol: Our fish were caught on a variety of different lures: rat-l-traps, spinnerbaits, lizards and worms. I tried a drop-shot rig for the first time today and actually caught a bass on it.

I couldn't believe the crappie took one of my spinnerbaits. :shock:

What a difference a year can make. One year ago we fished the same water in shorts and short sleeves and caught a lot of big bass. I can't wait to go back there and try my luck again soon.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I've been waiting for a post from ya. All bass pics look like some healthy bass that last one looks especially sizeable. Nice to get out. I think the last couple days did some sort of number on the fish. Looks like you persevered. Sign of a dedicated fisherman!

JB

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice fish, no size? You should have been with me today.
Some of the bass were the size of my senko. Your past post
those were some hawgs, but those are some fine bass too. Nice spot ya
got there. Cant wait to see a post when theyre really bitin. Is
that where you caught the avatar bass?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.