Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My big pole as i like to call it has a 7 foot real study rod and a large reel with a big spool. I recently bout some spiderwire (30 LB test) and have been having some problems. The line does not stick to the spool. So when i real in the line just slips and spins around the real. Just looking for any advice? Thinking about trying some mono but i still want the casting power of braided line. Im open for suggestions....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hola...i made this same mistake the first time I bought a super-braid (Fireline): you need a bit of mono backing on the spool before you put on the spider-wire...just enough to make a handful of full "wraps" does the trick. Then you use something like a blood knot to connect to the braid, although you can just wrap-tie the mono if you wanted, then start the braid over on top of it. Hope I'm making sense and this helps some.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Or a small piece of friction tape on the spool, then wind the braid on to that so it will dig in and grip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.