Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished in the rain today. For some reason even though I can fish anytime I choose I went today while it was raining. We had about 1/2 inch last night but the Flat River was not muddied up to bad.
I caught 5 bass and 6 channel cats. 4 of the bass were in the dink class but one was a decent 16 incher. Caught it on a 1/8 jig and gulp minnow. Got all the cats on that too.

Also my rain gear sucks so I will be looking to replace it.

While I was out there I blasted off a few more rounds with my Ruger. I am liking that little plinker.

~JOE~
Sky Fin Fish Seafood Tree

·
Registered
822 Posts
Joe that is some good fishing. Price of shells probably cheaper down south and it chases off most evil-doers so keep plinking. Tried to fish at my evening spot but Firemen were doing dive training the other evening so watched them for a bit. I need to chase down some catfish myself here soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
The rain can be great. Usually deters 95% of the fishermen, and if it is good, you have the bite to yourself. I never really understood not fishing due to the chance of rain.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Be carefull Joe. Next thing you know you'll be voting for democrats! :oops:

Reactions: ganz1960

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have voted democratic in the past. I am not a party loyal guy. If I had to classify myself I would say I am an independent conservative. Lately though my distrust is about equal for both parties.

~JOE~

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
Thats good stuff Joe. I have had a similar path and have voted both ways. IMO my moderate democratic views from 20-30 years ago are still similar, but the party is much different.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Weird. I have actually voted Republican although not recently. IMHO the Republican party has become a hangout for loonies.

Reactions: ganz1960
1 - 8 of 8 Posts