Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about the quality of rods and reels that BPS has to offer?? I have the JM sig baitcaster but only had it this year so i cant say much about it. I did fish with it a lot in the summer and still holding up like a champ. The thing is this was my only high end Bcaster so dont have much to compare it to. This one guy i met at IG plain out said that my reel sucked and will break soon. I didnt have much to say to him. I also really like the feel of the Rick clunn bcaster and its on asle at this moment at BPS for $70. Im hesitant to get it cuz of the bad things i have been hearing about the quality of BPS reels. what do you guys think??

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have only one BPS reel, an Enticer spinning reel. I have only had it for a year, but it is a good real. Is it as nice as my Pfluegers? No, but it didn't cost as much either. I have heard good things about their rods though.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
welcome to wcf john! call me thick headed, but i would stick with the major brands, like daiwa, shimano, flueger,etc. they've been around a long time, have the resources and experience to produce quality stuff and back it up. either way, glad to have you here.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
I have the Pete Mania musky combo and like it. In hindsight I would of preferred a rod with a little better sensitivity and feel, but I would of spent a few hundred more. It is all preference I guess. I normally go high end but I would rate their stuff somewhere in the middle. I certainly would not want a BP rod and reel if I was tournament fishing, but they are very servicable for every day use IMO. It just depends what you are willing to spend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts