Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out three days ago to fish the quarries with my brother. Went out from 2pm to 6pm. No action at all until about 4:30 when I hooked in to this beast! :D Didn't have a scale but positive that this thing weighed right around 5 pounds, give or take. She was super heavey when I was holding her for the pics. Hooked her on a small yellow and black buzz bait retreiving it so that it just broke the water right over the rocks. She hit like a ton of bricks and fought the whole way in. Even pulling a little drag on me. After I released her, my brother wanted to use my bait so we just switched poles. He was using a bright blue and green buzz bait a little bigger than the one I was using. After two or three cast, over the same spot, I hooked another one. It hit with a little more force than the first one did and fought all the way in. At first I thought it was the same fish but it turned out it was a little shorter. :lol: Both of these fish beat my record!!! Hope the pics show up!!! Also, went out the day after, my brother caught two 3 to 4 pounders about and I caught one at about 2 to3 pounds. First two on white spinners one after the other and the last one about an hour later on a black and yellow spinner.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Great report guys and some quality fish!

Let me also welcome you to windycityfishing. We've got a bunch of great people here with a passion for fishing. Looks like you're gonna fit right in.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd ask that first one to do the truffle shuffle! Chunk!

Some great bass!

Welcome to the site! Look forward to more posts of the same.

·
Registered
513 Posts
BOSSB83 said:
Paul S said:
Great stuff!! Those are some awesome fish. Is that the Sag Quarries?

Welcome to the site.
the lemont quarries
I don't see how DPRfisherman says these need to be stocked then. :?:

Once again, incredible fish!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
webofsnyderman said:
BOSSB83 said:
Paul S said:
Great stuff!! Those are some awesome fish. Is that the Sag Quarries?

Welcome to the site.
the lemont quarries
I don't see how DPRfisherman says these need to be stocked then. :?:

Once again, incredible fish!
Like I said in DPRFishermans post. He needs to just spend some quality time learning the waters. The quarries are very difficult to fish unless you know that vital info. Like I said in his post. I fish there at least 5 times a week. Thanks to all who welcome me to this great site!!! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.