Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Quick H Trip

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  ejeraser 
#1 ·
Got a quick window to get out and fish today so headed out to Heidecke - looking for rock and bait fish got the first legal in the boat

Touched 17"

All the fish loved the minnows today, especially these guys as they are now a pain in the ass, seems all the big ones were released to the grease

This guy had what looked like an eye tumor - probably got a hook in the eye as a young'un I would guess..

Capped the day with a nice 20"

5/6 on the walleye with one getting off. 4 of those fish were legal so pretty good day - all fish wanted minnows and it was an early bite, as more and more boats got on the water the fished moved down off the reefs and were gone. All fish quickly bumped and released.

See less See more
#11 ·
lefty_stratton said:
bapentec said:
They fight really nice as well.
I've always thought they fight like a Jewel bag. At first you feel pressure of a fight but, very quickly, they give up. Agreed though, Walleye is the only fish I'll keep (if legal of course).

Nice catches!
Agree, they fight hard at first. The 25"er I caught at CJ Smith's was taking drag out like crazy for a couple minutes and then just kind of gave up. For me it seems like colder the water the harder the fight with them though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.