Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out to a subdivision lake in Elgin this evening for and hour and threw a drop shot and a black finesse worm for an hour after that little sprinkle moved through at 6pm... Photos attached... - BPM

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sucks that you got the ol' skunk. Maybe you should've tried before the storm? I too have noticed that after a cold front as big as the one that came through today, the fishing usually hits rock bottom right after.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are 2 weeks too early... Water in most areas is in the 40s still and it will be at least 2 weeks before we really see the bass catch fire... - BPM

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Hey Mike. I fished from 12:30pm until 3:00pm at the same elgin pond, If it's the one we talked about before. My buddy came up with 1 small bass and I got snapped by shore by a pike. That was it for the day. You maybe wanna get out there this weekend?

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
Call it a triple skunk. I got out for the last 15 minutes of daylight to my backyard pond. One strike and miss right off the bat, and nothing but numb hands after that. We need a little warm up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.