Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit mallard for about 1.5 hours. caught one walleye on a craink. was a decent size but didnt bother measuring it cause it seemed like a dink compared to the one i caught last week. Im a bass fisherman!! i dont mind catching walleye or pike but this is rediculous, the last 3 or 4 times at mallard i cant hook a bass for the life of me and all i want is a decent bass on the end of my line.i was cathin um all year up until about 2 weeks ago when the water got just a little bit mukier.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Congrats again.

The bass are kinda picky, you are right. The pike aren't so. Check out some of my old threads on Mallard, lots of pike.

·
Registered
382 Posts
For me, the pike were always on the south and west shore lines. Never got into any eyes though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
same here both my pike were on that shore line. in that area there is a 20ft deep channel from the sore to about 30ft out were it get pretty shallow and weedy. both pike i caught ere in deeper water right along side the weeds. both walleys have come from casting cranks along side isolated weeds in open water.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If you guys think Mallard is tough from shore, hit up West Branch. The bluegills don't even look at your bait if you are on either of the 2 fishing docks.

There are spots at both where shore fishing is good, but not without a decent walk.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Best way to catch bass at Mallard is throw a white/chartreuse spinnerbait out from just to the right of the north pier... Caught many there that way... - BPM

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
IXmarksthespot said:
i would eat him
Dont think you want to eat fish out Mallard Mark. The Lake is right next to a land fill ( Garbage ). I stop fishing that lake a couple years ago becasue there were reports of chemicals seeping through the groung and into the lake. Take percaution if you are going to eat something out of there.

Nice Job Hockey on the eye!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
.Steve said:
If you guys think Mallard is tough from shore, hit up West Branch. The bluegills don't even look at your bait if you are on either of the 2 fishing docks.

There are spots at both where shore fishing is good, but not without a decent walk.
Deep Quarry has been getting some heavy pressure and the bucket people are just keeping everything now :twisted: . Keeping multiple bass that are undersize as you are allowed 1 over 18". The DNR is not doing there job as good as they use too. The bass fishing there was outstanding a couple years ago but now its like were they all go? :roll:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
BASSPROMATUK said:
Best way to catch bass at Mallard is throw a white/chartreuse spinnerbait out from just to the right of the north pier... Caught many there that way... - BPM
I'll have to agree with you BPM the white spinnerbait is a deadly bait there for Bass and Pike. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.