Registered
1,295 Posts
Never heard of them/him.

RIP RLR anyway.

·
Registered
239 Posts
R.I.P. Ron Bushy

Ron Bushy, the steadfast drummer for hard rock group Iron Butterfly who appeared on the group’s 1968, 17-minute rock opus “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida,” died Sunday at the age of 79. A cause of death was not immediately disclosed.

I haven't heard In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in awhile. I have and hour or two so I think I'll play it now.

I remember seeing them at a small bar Bitty Mulligans
And the lights went out during the drum solo

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 · (Edited)
R.I.P. Foreigner

Well, Foreigner is now down to performing without any original members. Call them the Jukebox Zeroes as they have zero originals. **** Jones was the last guy left and says he'll only take the stage occasionally as his health permits.

The only other bands I know that have no originals playing are Quiet Riot, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot and Menudo. Lynyrd Skynyrd did some shows this summer with no originals, but they still have one left who's on death's door most days. Styx, Foghat and a few others only have one original left. Kiss is planning and fully intends to soon continue with all originals gone. Kansas has considered it too.

Scary times as live music from a golden age disappears. Soon all we will have left is from that next generation, a cockroach of a band called Nickelback.:poop: That next generation has no lead singers left. They all committed suicide or drugged themselves to death. i.e. Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Linkin Park, Blind Melon, Alice in Chains, Downing Pool

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Seems like sex, drugs & rock & roll wasn't such a good idea. Oops....

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
R.I.P. Genesis

At least they mostly have their originals as they just headed out on a reunion tour. But who's that old man in that wheelchair with the wheels removed? My guess would've been Ed Asner, but he died a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it's Phil Collins. :eek: Poor guy can't drum anymore. He says he can't hold a stick in one hand or barely stand up, has a messed up foot and a messed up back made worse by by back surgeries. Voice sounds thin and frail too. Sad, :cry: as he always was one of the best drummers out there and I always loved his playing. These bands don't know when to hang it up, but I'm glad for the fans if they still want to pay for tickets.

Phil's 20 year old kid is filling in on drums and is reported to be excellent (factoid: Phil joined Genesis on drums when he was 20). I noticed the touring guitarist is Daryl Stuermer who has played live for them and for Phil Collins both on his albums and on his tours. I saw Daryl once (I believe he is still from the Milwaukee area) when he opened for Kansas. Before the show I had a nice chat with Robbie Steinhardt from Kansas and he was telling me how great of a guitarist he was.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Really sad. As an old friend says, "Getting old ain't for sissies".

261 - 266 of 266 Posts