Registered
1,316 Posts
Never heard of them/him.

RIP RLR anyway.

·
Registered
378 Posts
R.I.P. Ron Bushy

Ron Bushy, the steadfast drummer for hard rock group Iron Butterfly who appeared on the group’s 1968, 17-minute rock opus “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida,” died Sunday at the age of 79. A cause of death was not immediately disclosed.

I haven't heard In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in awhile. I have and hour or two so I think I'll play it now.

I remember seeing them at a small bar Bitty Mulligans
And the lights went out during the drum solo

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 · (Edited)
R.I.P. Foreigner

Well, Foreigner is now down to performing without any original members. Call them the Jukebox Zeroes as they have zero originals. **** Jones was the last guy left and says he'll only take the stage occasionally as his health permits.

The only other bands I know that have no originals playing are Quiet Riot, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot and Menudo. Lynyrd Skynyrd did some shows this summer with no originals, but they still have one left who's on death's door most days. Styx, Foghat and a few others only have one original left. Kiss is planning and fully intends to soon continue with all originals gone. Kansas has considered it too.

Scary times as live music from a golden age disappears. Soon all we will have left is from that next generation, a cockroach of a band called Nickelback.:poop: That next generation has no lead singers left. They all committed suicide or drugged themselves to death. i.e. Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Linkin Park, Blind Melon, Alice in Chains, Downing Pool

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Seems like sex, drugs & rock & roll wasn't such a good idea. Oops....

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
R.I.P. Genesis

At least they mostly have their originals as they just headed out on a reunion tour. But who's that old man in that wheelchair with the wheels removed? My guess would've been Ed Asner, but he died a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it's Phil Collins. :eek: Poor guy can't drum anymore. He says he can't hold a stick in one hand or barely stand up, has a messed up foot and a messed up back made worse by by back surgeries. Voice sounds thin and frail too. Sad, :cry: as he always was one of the best drummers out there and I always loved his playing. These bands don't know when to hang it up, but I'm glad for the fans if they still want to pay for tickets.

Phil's 20 year old kid is filling in on drums and is reported to be excellent (factoid: Phil joined Genesis on drums when he was 20). I noticed the touring guitarist is Daryl Stuermer who has played live for them and for Phil Collins both on his albums and on his tours. I saw Daryl once (I believe he is still from the Milwaukee area) when he opened for Kansas. Before the show I had a nice chat with Robbie Steinhardt from Kansas and he was telling me how great of a guitarist he was.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Really sad. As an old friend says, "Getting old ain't for sissies".

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
R.I.P. Commander Cody

Dead at 77 from cancer, best known for the hits “Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette) and Hot Rod Lincoln.

May the force forever be with you, Commander.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Bummer. He drove me to drinkin' with his hot rod lincoln.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
(almost) R.I.P. Richie Faulkner

Richie suffered an aortic aneurism while performing at a Sept. 26th Judas Priest concert. While playing and headbanging, his chest cavity was filling up with blood. Most never survive this event. (the aneurism, not a Judas Priest concert.) Fortunately, it was the last song of the set, Painkiller was the song, ironically. Also, fortunately, the stage was only 4 miles from a major heart and lung hospital and he survived. Usually they repair these with a metal mesh so what more could a metal shredder ask for? He finished the song and the concert. Totall bada$$. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Personally, I doubt anything was wrong with his heart that night. I'm guessing it was the sheer volume of the band or the sheer screeching of Rob Halford's horrible vocals. Rob is the world's oldest homosexual so the band proudly holds that achievement record and from what I can tell is the last primetime member in the current lineup.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·

Dead at 59... damn. Still living in the memory of many a fan of metal in the 80's.

The Orange County coroner’s office has made public Tawny Kitaen’s cause of death. The actress and model died in May at 59 from heart disease, with opioid use as a contributing factor, TMZ reported Wednesday. (yesterday)

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
No idea...

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
R.I.P. Jay Black

Jay Black, frontman for the Sixties pop-rock hitmakers Jay and the Americans, has died at the age of 82.

Black’s family confirmed that the singer died Friday night from complications from pneumonia. In recent years, Black also suffered from dementia.

The Brooklyn-born Black (born David Blatt) joined Jay and the Americans in 1962, taking over for the band’s first singer, Jay Traynor. Following the 1963 single “Only in America,” Black’s soaring vocals featured on the band’s Top 10 hits “Come A Little Bit Closer,” “Cara Mia” and “This Magic Moment.”

All I can say is thank God it wasn't Jack Black

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Bummer. Believe it or not, I saw them in a production of 'Bye-Bye Birdie' at the Theater in the Round in '66 or '67. They were 'The Birdies'. What a hoot.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 · (Edited)
R.I.P. Robby Steinhardt

Robby Steinhardt has died at age 71. Violinist, secondary lead singer, and emcee of the original Kansas. This hits me like a ton of bricks since I knew him personally, partied with him, and the band has been my favorite band for over 40 years since the age of 14. It's amazing all the originals were still alive until this weekend when you consider all the lifestyle issues so many members of these bands have in their history.
Posthumously, Robby's first solo album came out last week. I can't believe the lineup he was able to put together. Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull on flute. The Rolling Stones' keyboardist. Toto's singer. Steve Morse (only ranked rock's best guitarist about 400 consecutive years) and about 30 others.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I think this album surpasses the last two recent Kansas albums. Prog rock is alive and well in 2021. I just wish Robby Steinhardt was here for his album's release.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
R.I.P. All of You

There's been a bunch in the last month and a half including:

Lonnie Smith, Hammond Organ player for George Benson
Everett Morton, drummer for the English Beat
Paddy Moloney, founder of The Chieftans
Deon Estus, bass player for Wham! and George Michael
Ron Tutt, long time drummer for Neil Diamond and for Elvis
Jay Black, singer for Jay and the Americans
Ronnie Wilson, multi-instrumentalist for The Gap Band
Graeme Edge, drummer for The Moody Blues
Astro, vocalist for UB40 (wow, they lost another member a month earlier.)

R.I.P. All
R.I.P. Rambler

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I think Rambler is just in the dark since he went solar. It has been cloudy lately...

Seriously, hope he is ok. Maybe he's just busy with grandpa day care duties.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
He's been checking in here on most days, so unless his fingers don't work, I'm sure he's ok. I think he just got over his skis with his dumb politics. Last seen here, he was making posts with an opinion about Trump being the worst president ever. Then there was a thread he started and attempted to delete. I wasn't able to see what it was before he took out the text of it.

My grampa was always repeating the thing about the 2 things you don't bring up with people is religion and politics. Few are very religious these days and have made politics their religion instead. So when you insult them on politics it's got twice the punch as it did in my grampa's day. The country's pretty much split down the middle. Making repeated comments like that can tick off half the folks here easily. Probably more since the outdoor hunting and fishing folks tend to lean the other way. I'm guessing a member or two ripped him a new one via messaging and he ran away for awhile. Who knows, I could be wrong.

He should return. As these sites start to fizzle it's a shame to lose a top contributor and one who puts up a decent amount of fishing reports. (especially over some dumb politics lunacy)

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I figured he jumped to the other site to try and revive it.
I am probably in the minority but I like the political back and forth. Wish we had a “politics” section.

~JOE~

261 - 280 of 324 Posts