Chicago Fishing Forum banner
281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My Grandpa said something similar "Never discuss Religion, Politics or Sports with anyone you want to remain friends with, including family".

I've not stalked him to know if he's logged on or not, but hope he gets over whatever hurt feelings he may have and posts again. Life's to short to worry about silly shit like anyone's political opinions, whether you have TDS or not- or anything else anyone may say for that matter.

I hope not, but, maybe he'll just go the way of EAS and become a ghost of fishing past.

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
I love the political talk, but for some it is completely impossible to accept someone else has a different opinion. No idea if that is the case with Rambler or not. If he had the inkling to maybe say some not so nice things to people maybe a break is for the best. Not so much on here, but other sites never allowes political talk because it always ends up in name calling and labeling, and eventually just gets locked down. I enjoy the fact that political discussion happens here with not much of that foolishness.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
R.I.P Billy Hinsche

Longtime Member of Beach Boys’ Touring Band, Dead at 70

Also a member of the boy band Dino, Desi and Billy that he was in with Lucille Balls' son and Dean Martin's kid. (that's Billy on the left)

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
whether you have TDS or not
TDS is some serious stuff, especially when you see it on display in the lyrics of the rapper that caused the carnage in Waukesha yesterday.

If you haven't noticed, I don't include the rappers that die every week in this thread. I don't believe most of that vile uselessness belongs in the genre called music.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think Rambler is just in the dark since he went solar. It has been cloudy lately...

Seriously, hope he is ok. Maybe he's just busy with grandpa day care duties.
Since Ron G's rip Rambler comment didn't work- he didn't take the bait and post, maybe someone who knows him personally could reach out to him and let us know he's ok.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Since Ron G's rip Rambler comment didn't work- he didn't take the bait and post
Was it that obvious??:ROFLMAO::D

I always say the guys on these forums are 'as predictible a bluegills'. This sunfish did not bite. Rambler's a complicated critter. Maybe I'll tie on a different color and try again. I'd try calling, but honestly, I don't even know the guy's first name, much less his last. Hopefully, even if doesn't want to post, he's enjoying all the attention.

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
Death is certainly a concern, but Rambler has been checking in and browsing. Ron, you are the grandfather of these fishing sites. There has not been a more consistent poster over the 20 odd years of chitown fishing forums. You certainly have seen quite a few posters come and go. Take a guy like wrenchnfishing. 5000 or so posts over a few years, then poof, never heard from again. I sometimes wonder what happened to some of those guys who came in so hot and heavy, only never to be heard from again.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have word from sources that he is not taking the dirt-nap, so thats a positive.

I personally think this is all FishinMatt's fault

I'm curious to know the reasons in that opinion. Pre covid the stock market was booming, home prices up, gas dirt cheap, employment low. What specific policy decisions would make him the worst?
I had been mildly interested to see the response to this question, but it seems all it did was chase him off the site.
Fishinmatt, how dare you!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I never really thought he died, just hoping he didn't ramble into some sort of precarious fishing situation and get hurt- common this time of year. In any case, Rambler, if you're reading, hope you're ok and if you don't want to post that's your bussiness but hope you'll be back. You add alot to the site.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
He could have perished ☣ and it's a wife or next of kin checking in here and other sites he visited and being totally shocked at the double life he was leading online. :eek: "Mom, I thought dad was a registered Republican?!?"

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
To whomever knows Rambler or Scott we hope he's okay and doing well. Please have someone reach out to us and let us know what's going on.

We're just a bunch of simple fishingmen and we love to bicker about politics. He's made great contributions, very learned, erudite, witty and funny. Yes he's snarky and got our blood going at times but we still love him as a member. I met him once in person and he was polite and cordial and we seldom agree on politics but he's a man I'd have a drink with and cast a few lines if the opportunity presented itself even up north on my favorite spots.

He is the Studs Turkel of our site as a great storyteller which is a lost art, he spins a good yarn.

Life challenges, illness and death are things we all will face. We hope Scott is fine and we can argue with him again about fishing, market based economies and other nonsense.

Let's not browbeat a good member off our site as I don't think he's reached the jerk level even if he is a jerk.

We hope Scott is well and will return. God forbid he's gone to a better place but if that's the case would someone please post a link to his memorial page I think many of us would like to pay respect and share a funny story.

Life is too short to bitch about stupid shit we all agree that Trumps face needs to added to mount Rushmore, even Scott would agree.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 · (Edited)
Great Scott! I didn't know his name was Scott. He doesn't seem like a Scott, hopefully that's his last name.

Well, I did what I could do to provoke him to say something. The rest is up to him now. He's not a butthead like BigSaw or local yokal, so I do wish he'd return. (I lost my koo koo eyes to insert in local yokal's name. It always sux when a site switches software (n))

Ice fishing is coming soon to which he's a big aficionado. That should get him to post quick.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
What on earth is going on? Now they are announcing that Charley Pride just died yesterday of Covid even though he died 12-20-20 of Covid as previous reported here.

I also saw a report that Dusty Hill just died as released by ZZTop even though he died months ago.

How are these guys dying twice??

281 - 296 of 296 Posts