Chicago Fishing Forum banner
301 - 320 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
dang it, Dangbachtram!! I didn't see that you had slipped in a link for your soft wallpaper. I wouldn't have responded had I seen what you were attempting. For the record, I DO NOT endorse your soft wallpaper in any manner. 'Sounds rather pervy anyhow. Curious now, if you paper your bathroom walls with it, can you use it for toilet paper if we every get another TP shortage?

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
R.I.P. Michael Nesmith, Monkees Singer and Guitarist, Dies at 78

That only leaves one Monkee standing, Micky Dolenz (no, not the Catholic cardinal). The Micky Dolenz that looked just like my dad. Nesmith was mine and most everyone's least favorite Monkee, but I'm still sad to see him go. As a little tyke, the Monkees was one of the first TV shows I enjoyed in vivid color and back then thought they were a way better band than the Beatles.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Weren't those guys supposed to be around forever? Sad. I liked them better than the Beatles back then too and some tracks really are better than some Beatles stuff. Maybe Dolenz and McCartney should work together on something- that would be interesting. RIP Micheal Nesmith

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even from a journalism perspective that is usually far off on both sides of the aisle, I’d expect a day or two, or a week tops, but wow, that’s very sad & even worse, disrespectful to them & their families. None the less, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Just on Sunday when football was on, I couldn't remember if John Madden was around still. Before I got around to looking him up, I saw yesterday he had passed and got my answer. I should have goggled him when I had the chance. He probably would still be with us if I had.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Here’s one most won’t know.
Dwayne Hickman. He ⭐ in “The many loves of Dobie Gillis” in the early 60s. Gilligan was his costar. I used to watch it with my sister when I was a kid.

~JOE~

·
Registered
954 Posts
Dont think many here will know him, but a few might remember.
Jay LaGace
Jay was an early member of a101(the mooks site), then chitown. He moved to FL some time ago & wasnt heard much from after. I learned this weekend that he passed as a result of a brain anuerism(sp?) at 55yrs old. I fished with Jay a handful of times in the early 2000's & remember him as a good dude.
R.I.P. Jay.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
Dont think many here will know him, but a few might remember.
Jay LaGace
Jay was an early member of a101(the mooks site), then chitown. He moved to FL some time ago & wasnt heard much from after. I learned this weekend that he passed as a result of a brain anuerism(sp?) at 55yrs old. I fished with Jay a handful of times in the early 2000's & remember him as a good dude.
R.I.P. Jay.
I remember Jay and fished with him quite a number of times. I remember a long day of ice fishing Diamond Lake the most. He had the hugest Clam flip over shanty there was. 'Not even sure how he pulled that beast around the ice.

He was the #2 in charge guy at A101, then one day without notice vanished and burned the site down, deleting about 1/3 of the content on his way out. I never understood why that same pattern kept happening there until I was placed in the #2 spot, giving me an administrator's view of what was going on behind the scenes. Soon, I had to head for the door also.

R.I.P. Jay

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
R.I.P. Ronnie Spector

The saddest days ever is when another Ron dies. Ronnie Spector of the Ronnettes passed. Famous for "Be My Little Baby" and other hits. Some of the young ones here (aged 40 and up) probably know the voice from Eddie Money's 80s hit Take Me Home Tonight.

Now they are all gone, Ronnie, Eddie Money and her famous producer husband Phil Spector.

301 - 320 of 362 Posts