Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some good rain bibs and jacket that will also work for cooler weather fishing
Thanks LD

·
Registered
671 Posts
60 years of fishing always bought cheap rain gear,60 years of fishing I got wet,that's what I know about rain gear.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah meto but I'm tired of getting wet that's why I'm looking for a good set of bibs wood like to keep costs around $150 TOPS

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
I have a few different sets of rain gear & use them depending on activity. But for fishing - especially canoe fishing - I swear by old school Columbia heavy duty PVC stuff. It doesn't breathe like my hi tech stuff but it doesn't leak at all. Since fishing is a low-activity activity & you don't work up a sweat I've found that it's the best. No bib but bibs get in the way in canoes.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Rain is a thing of yesteryear. Save your $$ for sunscreen and a good respirator. As I type, Lake Tahoe is being renamed to Lake Crispy Taco.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably won't need a Winter coat with all the global warming going on too
:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a few different sets of rain gear & use them depending on activity. But for fishing - especially canoe fishing - I swear by old school Columbia heavy duty PVC stuff. It doesn't breathe like my hi tech stuff but it doesn't leak at all. Since fishing is a low-activity activity & you don't work up a sweat I've found that it's the best. No bib but bibs get in the way in canoes.
Rain is a thing of yesteryear. Save your $$ for sunscreen and a good respirator. As I type, Lake Tahoe is being renamed to Lake Crispy Taco.
I know, right? Every state from LA to NY just dying from the drought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go to Academy.com Look at their H2O Express fishing parka and bibs. They are $75-$80 each. Good quality. Not real heavy but will keep you warm on cold days (gore tex copycat). I have 100mph gear and a set of Academy H20 Express gear. The 100mph is better quality, the Academy brand is what I will buy again next time. Fits better, cheaper, and will lasts 10 years (time for more anyway).Like everything else, probably can't find any on the shelf. Also, try to never wash your rain gear in the wash machine. It will be the beginning of the end for most, especially if the inside seams are glued.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Lucky- did you pull the trigger?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not yet I have a fishing trip planned in October so trying to get everything squared away had to put some of my funds into my boat water pump kit starter solenoid tires picked up a new st croix rod and a few lures so hopefully nothing else pops up but you know how life goes

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Where to? I'm headed to No WI next week.

Reactions: ganz1960

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Genoa fishing the Mississippi River just south of lacrosse fishing for walleye have been going up there sence 1987 always a lot of big fish caught not all walleye but always come home with some

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Have fun & good luck!

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Planning on hitting several lakes in the Chequamegon Nat Forest. Targeting LMBs, trout, smallies, musky. Camping out for 5 nights.

Reactions: ganz1960
1 - 17 of 17 Posts