Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught some of these last night for bait.

Red Tailed Shiner or Baby Roach?

Creek Chub

Got up this morning at 5am with the sounds of a steady downpour. Around 8am the rain slowed so I headed out fished for about 30 minutes resulting in one Greenie. Started to downpour so I headed home.

Headed out later in the day to a subdivision pond. The Greenies were very active. I had a few minnows left and they were all used up in the next 30-40 minutes. Every cast produced. All fish were in the 14-16" range. I even got bit on an chewed up creek chub whose tail snapped off. I got 3 or 4 on the one chub. After I ran out of minnows the bite slowed. I got a few more on dingers and crawlers. I have fished this lake before with fatheads and it has never produced this well. I think that I will be back with some more chubbies and shiners soon.

Heres the pics

This was the end result of the day. :D
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Nice job Mr. B. Yup if ya have "Bass Thumb" at the end of the day
it's a good day

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Nice job getting out and on some fish.

That thumb shot might need an NC-17 rating though! :lol: :shock:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Nice!

It was raining this morning when I wanted to go out (about 5:30) so I checked out the area radar and saw that the Downers Grove area wasn't getting any rain yet, so I headed to a park district pond on 55th for about an hour before the rain hit. No bass, but pulled out a few monster bluegills and a small catfish.

* This is how you can tell if you are addicted or not. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.