Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta big floating rapala magnum that I got outta my uncle's tackle box, about 6 or 7 inches long. I think he used it for salmon. I never noticed one of these baits before, it looks like a good size for pike or musky.

I know nothing about this particular rapala model. From my experience, most lures with rapala labeled on them can catch fish.

Does anyone know anything about this model? I have never really heard of em, they are prolly hot in saltwater.

Are they good for musky, pike, salmon, or what. If you have ever caught anyhting on these lures I would like to hear what you have to say about it. The bait looks nice and is in a classic baitfish color, if you have any experience with these baits lemee know what they can be used for. Preferably freshwater application. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
that's probably one of the best artificials for big bass. If you wanna catch the biggest bass in your pond, throw that baby and reel it back slowly. The sinking version is great for any drop off or weedline. It's a workout, but it's worth it!

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
I'm not familiar with that particular bait, but have used many similar baits.

Looks like it would be good for trolling of course, but could be deadly in other situations. Is it a floating bait or a sinking bait?

Could be a good pike bait in shallow rivers for pike. Cast, reel, pause, run, hit bottom, pause... BAM!

I'll be interested to see if others have used this exact lure and how they've used it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill prolly give a troll or two in canada this spring, if nothin happens, ill stick with the classic F-18. got more confidence in it since i have caught alot o mid to upper 30's pike on em. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.