Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in Ravenswood this weekend and I will have time to fish Saturday morning.... was wondering if anyone knew of any places near by that are decent?

I know the Chicago River is nearby, but I've never fished it and have no idea what I'm getting myself in to. I will be with my son who is 8.

Thanks for any help!

· Registered
1,092 Posts
the river is your closest option....The spillway at foster has a nice shore fishing area set out....other spots get a little tricky...and would be nearly impossiple to fish with a 8 year old....climbing threw holes in fences, scaling steep slopes....if you walk north from the spillway to the second bridge(walk thru River Park) there is a 2nd shore fishing area, it by a college cant miss it.

I would suggest just hoping on the L, or the bus and making the short ride to the lake front.

bass, panfish, and rough fish were all biting in the harbors last night....and if the weather stays semi stable....it should stay good.

hope this helps...used to live in ravenswood, nice neighborhood, but not much fishing!

JayPee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.