Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out today around 8:30. fished all day. went fishing at the broken oar too. couldnt catch a thing, till i caught a small 4 inch bass. on a twister. after the oar, i went back under the bridge. The water is dingy and has alot of fallen logs in there from the floods and storms, wich i got snagged on all day . lost my new husky jerk too ...oh well. after a while i caught a little 10 inch bass on a jerk bait, then, about an hour later, i threw a husky jerk, and caught a 34 inch pike. , it shrunk 3 inches, so in the pic, its 31. i had it in my bag driving about 6 miles on my bike, so it shrank a bit..

http://foxfisherman.freeforums.org/raws ... 7.html#146

pics are at the adress

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
:D I didnt want to be the first one to say Tony! Anyways, dude NICE FISH! are you going to eat it or are you getting this one mounted as well? Im not a big fan of suffering your pike in your bag however. :? or even keeping it. but thats my opinion and as far as I know you did nothing wrong. congrats

·
Registered
74 Posts
Poooor fish. Never gets to live, breed, get bigger, or be caught again anymore.

Take that camera with you next time. Grab some pictures and let those poor fish go. Kroger sells fish that taste just as good. Would be easier riding bicycle home also.

Must be the caveman instincts kicking in. I notice that about people. Something in them that just can't bring themselves to let a fish go.

Personally, I would NEVER eat a fish out of any local river. Do you know where the stuff in your toilet goes when you flush? Your about to eat it...lol Let me know how it tastes...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I remember doing that when I was young, but I wasn't riding a bike,

I took the city bus. People look at you funny, when backpack

starts jumping around on the floor. Good times!!!!!!!

Nice fish, congrats, hope it tastes good.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Basszilla said:
Poooor fish. Never gets to live, breed, get bigger, or be caught again anymore.

Take that camera with you next time. Grab some pictures and let those poor fish go. Kroger sells fish that taste just as good. Would be easier riding bicycle home also.

Must be the caveman instincts kicking in. I notice that about people. Something in them that just can't bring themselves to let a fish go.

Personally, I would NEVER eat a fish out of any local river. Do you know where the stuff in your toilet goes when you flush? Your about to eat it...lol Let me know how it tastes...
I agree poor fish.

PS you site is not working and how does a Pike shrink 3 inches in less than an hour :roll: ? I know walleyes shrink when they die.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fish was in my PLASTIC BAG for more then three hours :roll:
diddnt bring a stringer... :oops:

and for all of you who say i should have let it go..its YOUR opinion, 30 inches is a great eating ize, and those of you who have eatin them, and liked them, know what i mean by keeping them :roll:

ps. y bone come rite out afterits cooked :wink:

bazzilla, grow up :wink:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
allright dude, dont tell Troy (Basszilla) to grow up. He has outstanding points that 90% of wcf would agree with. Let him speek what he wants he's not wrong. Dude you should grow up. your hair says it all. typical kid

and to you Larry, ya he kept that one too. He mounted, what a waste of a fish.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
heres my question.... IS IT LEGAL TO KEEP GAMEFISH OF REGULATED SIZE!!!!!!

just because u guys dont keep a fish every one in a while, dont mean others cant, like larry said. FYI, i practice catch and release EVERY DAY!
i dont keep bass, because they dont taste good, even soo, i would let them goo.
i keep walleye,(18 inches or bigger) best eating fish.
i keep northerns ( sometimes) only if they arent too big
i keep cats, because they taste good, only small ones.
i keep bluegill, only if they are 8 inches or bigger.
i keep crappie only if they are 10 inches or bigger, and if i only catch like one or two, i let them back! :roll:
i also keep perch if they are 12 inches or bigger.

it isnt like i harvest fish, just so i can harvest fish! i am aloud my daily limit of fish, and i doo EAT fish.
also, i ate that pike tonight, it tasted really good. and creighton, dont critisize ppl by the way they look k?
i told bazzilla to grow up because, he was refering to immiture content and it was pretty pathetic :wink:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.